You Didnt Think I Could Keep My Mouth Shut on this One?


Just in case you have been living under a rock.... I am going to tell you why I am no longer giving any of my money to the man pictured above.   I am ashamed at myself that it took me this long to officially boycott them.

Who is he?  He is Mike Jeffries, the CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch.    There are several brands associated with him and Abercrombie & Fitch:





 Why will I be boycotting these brands?


Just because you wear an XL or XXL, it doesn't mean you are overweight.  It may just mean that you don't want your clothes to stick to you like Saran Wrap!  When I was 5'8" and 120 pounds (by no menas overweight) I wore an XL shirt.  I have broad shoulders and I didn't feel comfortable in super tight clothing.


Seriously?!?  So we should be teaching our daughters that if they are over a size 10 that they can't be cool?  Is that the definition of cool, under a size 10?  

3. He was asked if he was bothered by the fact that he was excluding "fat people?"


There are so many more inflammatory quotes from this man that I won't even bother to copy and paste here on my blog.  You can google, "inconsiderate jerk" and see plenty of his offensive quotes.
 
I don't shop in any of these stores for myself but I do have nieces and I do have two daughters.
So where should you shop if you need a trendy alternative?

1.   American Eagle offers sizes up to size 18

2.  Forever 21- They print John 3:16 on their shopping bags as a demonstration of the owner's Christian Faith.   They also have a brand that carries sizes up 3X (size 20).

3.  H&M also carries larger sizes up to XXL

  In an effort to present full disclosure, I am a size 8 in pants and an L/XL in tops in most stores.  I am not personally offended because he criticized my size.  He did not discriminate against a size 8. I am offended because he is making fun of people and creating an atmosphere that will cause low self-esteem in the already vulnerable pre-teen age group.

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you." 
Luke 6:31  


 
 

9 comments:

  1. I've never shopped there anyway, and will continue not to. That guy is a HUGE jerk. Didn't realize Forever 21 was owned by a Christian - awesome. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this floating around Facebook and basically have the same opinions on it as you do. I've never really bought brand name clothing, so this doesn't change much for me. I'll continue to never buy any of his brands.

    I'm a size 3, so I'm not offended because I'm being discriminated against. I just think this is a horrible way to encourage anyone to think. There's enough bullying and discrimination out there without a CEO of a big brand encouraging people to hate on the larger or 'uncool' crowd.

    But I DO have one Hollister sweater that I don't plan on giving up. It was given to me by someone who was getting rid of a bunch of clothes and regardless of the brand, it fits and is comfy. I apologize for being a walking advertisement for this horrible company though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Hollister, would you like a flashlight and a gas mask?

    My kids love that store... I can't stand it... and now I have more reason to stay away.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`¤... Jennifer
    Jenn's Random Scraps

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ass. Never shopped there and will continue to not shop there. Also look at him. He has a double chin. He's not exactly one of the skinny kids.

    New fan. I'm cohosting with you on Linkin with my Ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! fair enough too! Visiting you through Linkin Ladies. following you now on FB,Google and BLovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is in the best interest of young people to eat responsibly and eat healthy. Sometimes I think we try to make it too comfortable for teenagers to drink too much soda and eat too many desserts. We do not do our children any favors being so accepting of over eating and lack of exercise. I am not saying this man's approach is responsible, but it does present an opportunity for parents to talk to their children and make healthy changes. I have watch my weight everyday of my life because I like pretty clothes. And I am not so sure that is a bad thing. I should not have a healthier body and healthier blood levels than an eighteen year old. And we shouldn't accept what we should correct. Ultimately weight is a health issue, not a beauty issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh... oh my gosh. Really?

    Oh my GOSH. Ah well, this helps to prove that money cannot buy class. What a pity. Hopefully he'll sincerely retract his actions one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never shopped here before either. Their advertising was too offensive (naked people modeling for a clothes company??).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never shopped here before either. Their advertising was too offensive (naked people modeling for a clothes company??).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS