Taking Pleasure in the Simple Things: In the Backyard

I am starting a new blog series called "Taking Pleasure in the Simple Things."  I want to be purposeful when it comes to gratitude.  It is easier to be thankful for the "obvious" things like health and family but I often forget to express my gratitude for the simpler things.

 

For this first post, I am grateful for this lily.  It is the first one to pop up in our little pond in the backyard.  It is so pretty. It pops open in the morning and by dinner time it closes up for the evening. This lily reminds me of all the labor that my husband put in to create this pond in our yard.

This is the pond when it was first completed

  This little frog loves to sit on the lily pads and soak up the sun during the day.  It is very peaceful to take a minute out of my day and look at the pond and listen to the water trickle over the rocks.


"Consider the lilies and how they grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
Luke 12:27



14 comments:

  1. What a cute little pond! And such a gorgeous lily pad.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! New follower from your blog hop! I'm following on GFC. Would love for you to stop by sometime when you get the chance. Love the pond pictures!

    Heather from Mommy Only Has 2 Hands

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lily is beautiful. What a beautiful thing to see each day. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your attitude!! May 29 is my wedding anniversary (37 this year, so we're vintage hehe). we very rarely celebrate on time so it was likely another day of dealing with multiple health issues that cause all in this house to be on disability. Our now 27 year old son has autism and while he's quite high functioning, he's unemployed after a year of full-time employment, and not patient with the process of finding a job that will fit. We are Christian. Prayer is big in our lives and I try to find quiet time to read when the rest of the family isn't up yet. I'm SO happy for your CA outcome. Got yourself a new follower, I definitely want to get to know you better!!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty and colorful pictures! Found you through the NE bloggers hop! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,

    I love this. It is just about the simple things. It's important to appreciate and enjoy the simple things.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little pond! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great water shots! So simple but so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea. Wow... love your blog! Newest follower here. I was hoping that you might stop by and follow me back if you like what you read!

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pics. Gave me a sense of peace just looking at it. I agree...it's important to cherish the simple things.

    Found you on the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That totally looks like a place of peace and serenity. Like the blog series idea. Wonder what simple thing I'd add first?.. Wheels are turning now. haha

    Falen
    www.UpwardNotInward.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous pond! And a fantastic idea for a new series. I think a lot of people, myself included, need to work on peace and gratitude; its so important!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice. I am working on that as well and slowing down for the summer. Thanks for linking up at the Friday follow along last week. Please come visit the Lovely Linky today and link up your blog. www.leahinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to stop and appreciate the nature around us all, really brings such a sense of peace. Thanks for joining in with How Does Your Garden Grow? x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS