Time to Throw the Book Out


My sweet Ella Grace had her one year checkup with the Pediatrician yesterday.  She got a clean bill of health.   That was really good news especially since she has just recovered from the Rotavirus.   

 Ella was a little peanut when she was born, weighing in at just over 5 pounds.  She entered the world in the 5th percentile for weight.  She has now worked herself up to the 25th percentile at a whopping 20 pounds! At least a pound of that is hair! 


Now that we have made it successfully through Ella's first year, it is time to pass on my well worn copy of "What to Expect the First Year."   I think almost every mom has owned this book.  With my oldest daughter, I read this book from cover to cover and referred to it often.  I was a new mom and had about a million questions.  I was not confident as a mom.

Five years later, my son was born.  I was more confident this time.  My oldest survived my parenting skills so I felt better about being a mom this time.  I still referred to this book on occasion since it had been five years since I read it last.

My third, Ella, arrived only 18 months after her brother.  I had the hang of this mom thing so I referred to the book infrequently.  Now that Ella is one, it is time to toss the book.   I am 100% sure that there will be no more babies produced in this factory since I had a hysterectomy 2 months after Ella was born.  The book has served its purpose!  It is a little sad to think that Ella is the last baby I will have.  I have to remember that I am blessed to have had three babies and to focus on their future milestones. 


For any new moms reading this blog, please know that it does get easier.  You can do it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS