Sisters, Sisters

How many of you have watched the movie "White Christmas?"  If you haven't seen it, you need to!  It is an old classic that was extremely well done.  One of my favorite parts is the song "Sisters" sung by Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen.  Yes, Rosemary Clooney is related to George Clooney, she is his aunt.




I am just 22 months older than my sister Becky.  Growing up we were two grades apart in school. About 6 years ago she and her family moved to South Carolina.  It was really hard not seeing her and the kids as  much as I used to.  I have come to accept that this is where God wants her to be. I still miss her but I am glad that she is following God's will.  I love having a sister and I hope that when Sydney and Ella grow up they will love that they have each other.


I am on the left and Becky on the right- 1980




Becky on the left and I am on the right
Seaside Boardwalk- 1979




My Sister Becky with the kids and me



Sydney meeting her new sister



Sydney and Ella at 11 months



Even though there are 6 years between them,
Sydney still loves playing with her baby sister.

1 comment:

  1. Amy I loved this post! I can't imagine being far away from my sara, we are best friends and we are 8 years apart. I'm so glad Becky comes to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS