Organization Challenge- Day 7 Jewelry Boxes

This was an easy day for me.  I don't have a lot of jewelry.   Most of the jewelry that I have, I don't even wear much.  I used to wear jewelry more when I was working.  I was a teacher for 12 years and I used to put on a nice necklace to go with my outfit.  I am not saying that stay at home moms can't wear jewelry but it is not for me.  My two little ones love to pull on long necklaces and try to eat the beads.   

Jewelry Box Before

You may be wondering why I don't have too many earrings.  The answer to that is back in 1989.  My little brother pulled my enormous 80's style hoops out of my ears and ripped holes in both my lobes. He claims to have no recollection of this incident. To this day I can not wear heavy earrings or the hole will rip through.  I also can't wear really small earrings because they fall right through the hole.

Jewelry Box After

I don't own a lot of "good" jewelry.  The only piece of monetary value is my engagement/wedding ring and that never leaves my finger.  The rest of it is costume type jewelry.  I decided to throw away many of the faded or "green" pieces and I gave some of the "too" gaudy pieces to my mother.   If you know my mother, you know that she always matches her jewelry to her outfits.


I made use of the bottom section for some of the lesser used pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS